Mountain View Equine Hospital is located off I-81 and just 15 minutes from the Virginia Horse Center in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. We are located on a 61 acre farm owned by Rustic Ridge Farm, LLC surrounded by 186 acres of rolling hills.
A full service hospital, MVEH provides state of the art procedures in surgery, lameness, as well as assisted breeding and other major medical needs. Your horse will be comfortable in the well lit padded stalls and peaceful atmosphere.
We offer a wide variety of informative articles to help and educate our clients.
Please visit our Client Education Page to learn more!
UPCOMING CLINICS: Please check back for our upcoming client education clinics.
- Mountain View Equine Hospital is leading the way in patient monitoring with the Piavita Foaling System- MVEH is currently the only hospital in the United States to offer the new state of the art Piavita foal monitoring system. This system allows us round the clock monitoring of your mare's vitals and activity level before, during and after foaling.
- Never be without your Coggins and Health Certificate again! - We now provide Coggins and Health Certificates online through Global Vet Link
- We have joined the Cloud!- Request an appointment, pay your bill, receive updates anywhere, anytime with our new secure online cloud-based system.
- Mountain View Equine Hospital now offers on-line payment options for our clients! Enjoy the flexibly and ease of making your payment on-line with our new PayPal feature. Visit the Payment Page to pay your invoice on-line today!
- My Vet Store - Online ordering now avialable!
- Dr. Reiners is one of only 5 equine veterinarians that hit the milestone of treating over 100 patients with stem cells through VetStem. Here is a link to an article in Veterinary Practice News http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/vetstem-celebrates-business-milestone/
- Dr. Reiners has also been asked to speak at Kansas State University on regenerative medicine which is a big honor!
- Dr. DiGrassie just learned that she will be presenting at this year's American Association of Equine Practitioners meeting on taking the leap into practice ownership! AAEP annual meeting hosts over 5000 equine veterinarians from all over the world!